Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

PVC Embroidery Frame

In preparation for Kathy's online Basic CQ Class, I have made a PVC Embroidery Frame.  It is dual purpose, with a 12" x 12" hoop and a 12" x 17" hoop.  

I bought 15 feet of 1/2" PVC pipe and the various fittings at my local hardware store.  I ordered a bag of ten 4" snap clamps (to hold the fabric to the frame) from Amazon and they will be here Friday.  They are actually made and sold to hold fabric or plastic to PVC frames on greenhouses and other garden structures.  Who knew?

Thanks to Alice over at Alice's Ramblings for the materials list and instructions!  It took about 15 minutes to cut the PVC pipe and assemble the stand.  The red thing is my husband's handy dandy PVC pipe cutter.  Works like a charm. 

I used an acetone based paint clean up product to remove the labels and markings from the materials. Next time I will do the cleaning before assembly.  

I bought some extra parts to make a small hand held model that will use the same clamps.






1 comment: