Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Quilt Along #35 - Goldilocks


I have finished doing the FMQ on the center of my OBW  (One Block Wonder quilt), as well as the 1" inner border.  As I was watching this week's Goldilocks video, I was thinking this might be an excellent choice for my 3" border. The photo below shows a sample of Goldilocks stitched on the actual border fabric of the quilt, with turquoise Isacord thread, as there is a lot of turquoise in the body of the quilt.

You can see the pieced top here and some of the quilting here.




Wednesday night I got brave and started stitching this design on the real border.  I finished binding it last night, and it just needs a label.  It was not easy to do in a 3" border, as the stippling is very small; it's harder to wiggle smoothly!



7 comments:

  1. I love this effect with the colors you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching looks great and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the turquoise thread! Your quilting looks wonderful and the effect with the colors is awesome! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks awesome, and it seems just perfect to complement the quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Ditto what everyone else has said. That turquoise thread rocks on that purple!!!!! I hope you don't mind if I steal that idea. I generally have purple in just about anything I make as it is my very favorite color, and I definitely plan on using some turquoise thread in the future. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! I have now finished the actual border with Goldilocks. I am happy that I dared to use contrasting thread. It made me be more careful, and I am pleased with the result. I will post another pic once it's bound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilting, love your colors, daring and gorgeous! Happy stitching and hugs from Germany, Bobbi

    ReplyDelete