Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Koi Fish Table Runner

I had Saturday and Sunday off this week and got this table runner finished.  I had purchased this remnant of border fabric at Country Cloth in Altaville over a  year ago, not knowing what to do with it, but loving this Oriental print.  It is called Kingyo, from Red Rooster.

Later I decided to make a table runner for my friend Cherie, who has a koi pond.  I cut the fabric and lined it up, hoping to get 4 patch posey blocks, but these turned out to be only slightly effective.   I do like the end result, however. 



I put it on my wall to photograph it and started to think it looks real nice there....


I used a black meandering stitch in the ditch around each block, then did an ecru simple leaf design in the center of each.  I used Echo Shell for the border.


For the binding I used a coordinated floral from the same collection that I found on E-Bay.  I have several yards of this beautiful fabric.



This is my largest FMQ piece so far, following Peter's Tee Shirt Quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment